In today's episode, I'm talking about my thoughts on this crypto bear market, the future of crypto, and 5 plans I have for 2019…
Like I said in my last market update video in August, I wasn't convinced that this bear market was over and I expected things to get a lot uglier before they got better.
As we've seen over the past few months, that's turned out to be true. Some crypto projects are starting to fail, and many more are strapped for capital due to Bitcoin and Ethereum prices falling 0ver 80% off the bubble's highs.
Last year I became very uncomfortable when Bitcoin's price went from $8k to $20k in a few weeks because I knew that was driven purely by speculation (e.g. the greater fool theory).
While it was “exciting” to see prices go up so fast (and everyone feeling like a genius), those of us that had been through prior market cycles knew how risky markets become when over-exuberant bullishness takes hold.
As most people understand today, cryptocurrencies are still the most volatile asset class on the planet! This means if someone is going to play in this space, they need to be comfortable with 90%+ drawdowns and have excellent emotional control so they stay on the right side of the market.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The 3 possible outcomes I see for Bitcoin over the next couple of years
- Why I'm excited for the future of crypto, especially Security Tokens
- How I'm stepping into a bigger role with a venture capital firm in 2019
- Why I've pulled back from actively trading altcoins during this market cycle
- The focus of my YouTube channel going forward
Links and resources:
- Important prior episodes: 5 phases of crypto market cycles and how to prepare for crypto bear markets
- Bitcoin halving calculator
- Top reasons startups fail
- Harbor helped create one of the first STO's – $20M STO for student housing