If you want to make better trading and investing decisions, then you first need to understand the REAL driving forces that cause prices to go up and down.
This applies to everyone from stock market day traders, cryptocurrency swing traders, and long-term investors in ANY asset class.
There are a lot of misconceptions about what moves markets, so in this episode, I'm also going to bust some common myths that cause people to make expensive mistakes.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The different market segments 1:03
- Two types of markets 2:03
- Who are the main market participants? 3:23
- What drives prices up and down? 4:22
- What is the “greater fool theory”? 5:23
- Myth #1 – More buyers than sellers 6:25
- What are price charts, really? 8:20
- Myth #2 – Technical analysis tells you what will happen next 10:27
- 3 types of market movement 11:26
- Questions to help anticipate market moves 15:33
- Final tips 19:36
- Question of the day 21:01
Links & resources:
- The Black Swan – My favorite book about probabilities in the markets
- My free bitcoin basics course – learn how to trade and invest in cryptocurrencies
- My two favorite trading platforms – Coinigy and TradingView