[av_video src='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY1gFA9jUwU' format='16-9′ width='16' height='9′ custom_class=” av_uid='av-2b0jtv']
- Mind hacking is about overcoming your mental limitations.
- To master your mind is to master your life.
- Hacking = analyzing, imagining, reprogramming
Key Takeaway #1 – You are not your mind
- Your mind = the movie, You = watching the movie
- Your mind plays movies of the past and future over and over.
- Idea is to look at what your mind is thinking without getting caught up in the movie.
- Become aware of your own mind.
- Our minds are like dogs chasing squirrels. We can retrain our minds.
- Think of your attention & time as the most valuable assets
- Focus your attention on things that will serve your life
- 2 types of attention:
- Top-down: choose to direct
- Bottom-up: random interruptions
Key Takeaway #2 – You can retrain your mind
- Goal = strengthen the ability to concentrate (top-down), while weakening reflexive attention (distractions).
- Reclaim your attention – get rid of distractions
- Retrain your concentration – mind games
- “Meditation” – controlling your concentration
- Makes you happier and healthier
- Meditation game examples – golden breath, alien blaster, third nipple
Takeaway #3 – How to reprogram your mental loops
- Our minds are programmed with mental loops – thought habits
- Loops can be positive or negative
- Addiction is a loop
- Quality of loops determines the quality of our lives:
- Loops create thoughts
- Thoughts create actions
- Actions create your life
- Fix your loops, fix your life.
- Step 1 – Discover bad loops
- Step 2 – Reprogram into good loops
- How to find negative loops – 5 whys, worst-case scenario, third person perspective
- To rebuild your mind, you need a clear vision of what you want.
- Use imagination to create new mental loops
- NOT magical thinking
- Develop a clear mental picture first
- Create visualization for: Feel, Do, Have, Give, Be
- Rinse and repeat
- The mind is a noisy place.
- We can cultivate focus, and be aware of our programming through practice.
- We can examine our thinking that causes pain or difficulty, then debug any negative loops.