[av_video src='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWWoTRA4X4k' format='16-9′ width='16' height='9′ custom_class=” av_uid='av-9pg63′]
Click Here To Get Your Copy Of “The Obstacle Is The Way” By Ryan Holiday
- What stands in the way,
becomes the way.
- Can’t control what happens to
us – But we CAN control how
we perceive and respond to
what happens to us.
- 3 keys = Perception, action,
Key Takeaway #1 – See opportunity in obstacles
- Perception = how we decide
what things mean to us
- Market panic = opportunity
- Seeing opportunity in disaster
takes discipline and practice
Process to seeing opportunity:
-See the good
-Steady your nerves
-Ignore what limits others
-Put things in perspective
-Revert to the now
-Focus on what can be controlled
- “There is no good or bad without
us, there is only perception.
There is the event itself and the
story we tell ourselves about
what it means.”
-There’s always another move
-No reason to get upset
-Nobody said it would be easy
-Yes, stakes are high
-Path is available if you want it
- “Look at the reality of the
situation… steady your nerves…
throw your best at it.”
- Control emotion and panic
- Realize freaking out doesn’t add
Focus on what you CAN change:
Key Takeaway #2 – Act with boldness and persistence
- It doesn’t matter what happens to
you, but it DOES matter what
you DO with what happens to
- “Turn shit into sugar.”
- Situations suck sometimes. What
are you going to do about it?
- Decide that quitting is not an option
- Mindset: never in a hurry,
worried, desperate, stopping
- Persist & resist.
- It’s okay to get discouraged.
- It’s supposed to be hard.
- Not ok to give up.
- Embrace failure as feedback.
- Startup failure examples.
Traits of great entrepreneurs and investors:
-Never marry a position
-Aren’t afraid to lose money
-Never get bitter or embarrassed
-Not out of the game permanently
- Focus on the process of finishing and performing at the best of your ability.
- Use your obstacles’ weaknesses against it
Key Takeaway #3 – Use your will power to change or accept
- Will = internal power
- Take on a big task without giving
- “Sometimes a clear head and
action aren’t enough… we need
a greater purpose and ability to
handle it with firmness.”
We can always…
-Prepare for difficult times
-Accept what we can’t change
- Success is 99% habit and
perseverance, and only 1%
- “Amor Fati” – love everything
- Accept whatever is outside of our control – love everything that happens to you
- Success starts with your
perception of obstacles
- Persistent action in the face of
- Use your will to discern what
you can and cannot change
Subscribe To The Pathways To Wealth Show:
Itunes | Stitcher | Soundcloud | YouTube | Email